Bike to Work

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bike to Work

Post  new_skool91 on Sun May 23, 2010 1:50 am

Did anybody bike to work yesterday? I live in C'Ville and work in Whitehaven, and even though my 25 mile commute is definitely bikeable, my usual route is 90%+ highway. I guess if I really wanted to, I could have shot down Shelby Drive, but there's no way in the world anybody would logically consider putting a bike on Shelby Drive during rush hour with the high volume of 18-wheelers on that stretch.

It would be super cool to be able to live and work within safe bikeable distance!

new_skool91
New Guy
New Guy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bike to Work

Post  Gasol_The_Great on Thu May 27, 2010 12:31 pm

I work from home Razz
Gasol_The_Great
Administrator
Administrator

View user profile http://gasolthegreat.forum-motion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  GrizzedByDARKO on Fri May 28, 2010 10:25 pm

very sad - I used to bike to work many times a week. but I moved further away (10 miles from work now).

however I can bike a couple miles and then put my bike on the bus which takes me through the unsafe bike areas. then I get off and ride downhill the last mile to work. very easy. The buses here all were given bike racks on the front of them as a design project of RISD. They are very well made and enable many people to bike all over the Ocean State.

Now on Bike to Work Day I was terribly sad because I had to meet someone at a certain time and doing my bus route would not work... so I had to drive! Sad

On the way to work - as punishment for my transgression - I saw a huge dead deer on the road that no one bothered to remove. Horrible to see on Bike to Work Day - how ironic?

And then the meeting I had to go to - the other party failed to show up! I was pissed! Bike to Work Day was ruined for me and for no good reason.
GrizzedByDARKO
New Guy
New Guy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top