[ 0 ]
33% 33% 
[ 1 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 3

2010 NBA Playoffs

Post  Gasol_The_Great on Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:07 am

What your predictions for the 2010 NBA Playoffs?

I have Cleveland winning the Eastern Conference Finals (vs. ATL or ORL)

And some may disagree with my on this but I have Dallas winning the Western Conference finals (vs. LAL).

In the Finals, I have Cleveland winning in 5 games.
Gasol_The_Great
Administrator
Administrator

View user profile http://gasolthegreat.forum-motion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 2010 NBA Playoffs

Post  southbluffsgrizzfan on Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:26 am

I am the only voter so far and I could not see your message when I voted, but I think Cleveland will take it this year. It is their year. I just dont think anyone can stop them when Lebron truly tries the whole game. He is impressive and I think his supporting cast is up to the task this year.

southbluffsgrizzfan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Memfan on Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:37 am

I use to be a huge Lakers fan before the Gasol trade. Even though it wasn't so bad thanks to us landing Gasol the Better, the haughtiness of the Lakers (Kobe actually said "Thanks for the donation."), media, and even opposing teams, rubbed me the wrong way. It began my hatred of Heisley as he had made a complete mockery of my hometown. And then came the L.A. Fakers who lacked all civic pride and threw on Lakers jerseys when they played the Grizz. I went to first Gasol v. Gasol matchup in the Forum, and was appalled to find that my cheers (and I'm loud) were being drowned out by people rooting for Kobe. It was sad. However, I still rather see the Lakers over anyone else. I'm hoping for a Kobe vs. Lebron Finals. Maybe that way I can also get to see more of the Nike MVPuppets. lol!
Memfan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  southbluffsgrizzfan on Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:49 am

I guess I dont see the hatred of Heisley. I have heard several interviews with him and in my humble opinion,I like him. I mean its his team. I think it would be easy to tell him how to spend his money. Now I know he is using the Fedex Forum which is funded with our dollars and I understand how we the public who pay to watch the Grizzlies have a stake in the team as well. But he put up the millions to buy the franchise and he put up the money to move them here. If he is making some money, well thats okay, he isnt doing it for his health. But I digress. I truly think he wants the team to work here in Memphis. I know the Pau trade was contoversial but I think things are coming around and maybe he wasnt as stupid as everyone thought he was when he did it. He is rid of a cancer (Pau) who didnt want to be here and getting Marc and freeing up money to pay Zach. He has taken a hit of sorts concerning his interview where he showed a bit of frustration with the attendance at Grizz games. But I do understand his concern. I am a season ticket holder and I sit there before the games and watch the people come in and I wonder why more people dont come to the games. The product is much better than before. And they make things exciting--sometimes too much so when they keep blowing double digit leads and trying to hold on at the end. He as always said it is up to the franchise to put a product out there that people would want to see. Well during the 11 game home winning streak, I was there and I didnt see a tremendous influx of people. So I understand his frustration. He is doing what he said he would do and is just asking Memphis and surrounding areas to step up and do our part. I dont have a problem with it.
I am sure you read the Q&A with Staley Cates in the Banana Appeal. I think the Grizz have good people connected with them and I will do all I can with my two little season tickets to support the team. It is after all, the only chance we have to have a big league legitimate major sport franchise. If they leave, we are done. There will never be an NFL team here. Nashville is too close. And there is not enough money or interest to support a MLB team with an 81 game home schedule. Hockey?? NO, so the NBA is it. We have it and I hope we keep it. I think MH is a smart man who has found out how to run a team in a limited market. He is not going to be Mark Cuban and spend spend spend. I hope we can become like the Pittsburgh Steelers who draft wisely and put together a team of pieces who when put together, the sum is greater than the parts. Pittsburgh doesnt pay exhorbitant prices for free agents. They let them go if they have to have that kind of money and they have 6 Super Bown trophies so it can be done.
Well I guess I have finished a small novel here. Sorry to run on like that. Just putting some thoughts down on e paper. LOL Go Grizz--lets get to 42 wins and have a winning season.

southbluffsgrizzfan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  new_skool91 on Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:05 am

I say Dallas vs. Orlando in the Final with Orlando in six.

The Lakers don't look motivated this year, or Kobe is hurt, and Cleveland's offense is too predictable in the clutch, and even if LeBron averages 50, the rest of the team is still to easy to contain.

new_skool91
New Guy
New Guy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gasol_The_Great on Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:34 pm

new_skool91 wrote:I say Dallas vs. Orlando in the Final with Orlando in six.

The Lakers don't look motivated this year, or Kobe is hurt, and Cleveland's offense is too predictable in the clutch, and even if LeBron averages 50, the rest of the team is still to easy to contain.
If its not the Cavs in the East, I think its going to be the Hawks. They have something special about them this year.
Gasol_The_Great
Administrator
Administrator

View user profile http://gasolthegreat.forum-motion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  new_skool91 on Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:05 am

The Hawks are definitely nice, but I don't know that they are quite ready. They did challenge the Celtics pretty nicely a few years back and pretty much have only improved since then. We'll definitely see!

new_skool91
New Guy
New Guy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top